Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Sun Rays

Thank goodness for the sun,we all need it sometimes it always seems to lift my spirits.I actually have managed to sit in the garden and have a well deserved cuppa. I did a bit too much yesterday and the good old back decided it didn't like it.I was trying to keep my mind occupied as we lost two of our children at the hospice both on the same day,even though you know it's going to happen it is still always very sad.So rays of happiness thank you,I like to think their little souls are the rays and it is them making the crocus open to make us smile.


I managed to clear one small bed yesterday and rake up the rest of the leaves under the maple tree which revealed lots of alliums which always seem to self seed in my garden and a load of tulip bulbs emerging.
I have some more sweet pea seeds on the go and the battle with the mice is on going,I have previous experience with mice when we lived in an old farmhouse so know there is never only one mouse!!
Today I have managed to plant onions,garlic and shallots but they were all in the raised bed but the poor back is still protesting,
Another plant I have in my garden is Euphorbia x pasteurii 'John Phillips',it is slightly tender and although it didnt die in the previous cold winters we have had it certainly didn't perform as well.So I took cuttings and now have 3 in different places

With the sun shining on it today it was lovely as it really showed off the lime green new growth and the white central vein really stood out.It can grow to about 1.5-2.5m,mine is probably on the 1.5m.It is a very striking plant and has yellowish,lime green honey-scented flowers from July to October



So rays of sun please continue to shine and make us reflect and have a light heart

5 comments:

  1. How lovely... I'm reflecting NOW!!! Thanks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't very spring like over our way but we are decorating so it's maybe best we are not tempted outside too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky having spring-like weather, we've been blanketed by fog these past couple of days, it doesn't look like it's going to lift again today. I'm so sorry to hear about the children, I can imagine that there are such highs and lows in the job you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many highs and lows,our hospice is so different to adults and most of the time there is a lot of fun and laughter,they were both lovely little souls.Sorry to hear about the fog we have it grey and drizzle today so someone else's turn to have some sun

    ReplyDelete