Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Tulips galore

We were away over the weekend, which considering the weather we weren't going to get much done in the garden any way. But with all the wind I did keep wondering what damage it was going to do, but then again pleased as I knew we needed the rain. There was no need to worry, we came back to everything intact and the garden had come on in leaps and bounds.


The Tulip is 'Gavota' and the Euphorbia cypar. 'Fens Ruby' as the leaves come out they have a lovely bluish tinge to them but these lovely yellow flowers were really shining.The euphorbia does have a habit of spreading but we just lift some and give it away.




I love Tulip 'Westpoint' I didn't have many but unless the squirrel has been helping himself they seem to be disappearing. We do have a problem with badgers but these are in the back garden where they don't tend to roam.


This is Tulip 'Golden Artist' with a Oreganum vulgare 'Aureum' (golden marjoram) 


This is Tulip 'Queen of Night' which I adore and use in different parts of the garden, here it is with Tulip 'Elegant Lady', the photo doesn't show it very well but it has a lovely creamy yellow colour,edged violet pink.


Here it is with Cerinthe major purpurescens




Tulip ' Black Parrot'

Last for now is 'Lasting Love' I put her in a pot as I was not sure where I was going to put her,now she is out I think she will go near Golden Artist.


15 comments:

  1. Oh... so you were away over the weekend, I do hope you had a fab time wink wink! How can you have so many lovely flowers in your garden? I don't have a quarter of what you have xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had a wonderful time,did you?,I have so many flowers, but you have sooooooooo many designs!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I really like the way you've under planted your tulips and especially like the Cerinthe with the black tulips. A combination that I couldn't have here as Cerinthe only flowers here as an annual in the summer months here.

    Rosie, www.leavesnbloom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Cerinthe over wintered,I have sown a load more as I lost them all last winter- or at least thought I had lost them all

      Delete
  3. Wonderful tulips! A lot of mine have died out, still one or two "Queen of the Nights" pop up but not many more. Your Cerinthe is early (well "early" for here).
    I have a few Euphorbias (not the Fens Ruby) and one in particular is a bit of a pest "Robbiae aka Mrs. Rob's bonnet", didn't pull as much out last year as I usually do but it has rewarded me with a great display this Spring, "Honesty" has kindly seeded itself close by and they look really well together.
    We were glad of the rain too.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cerinthe overwintered, I too like 'Robbiae', but know what you mean,I have some lovely Honesty combinations and really didn't know where to start with photos this week as there is so much going on

      Delete
  4. WOW ~ what wonderful flowers fill your gardens, and survived while you were away.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine,there are so many at the moment as we seem to have a bit of overlap with the seasons.Hope you sorted your van out.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful selection of blooms! I love the euphorbia with the tulips peeking through, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Paula the euphorbia is only about 4-6 inches high so is great for things to grow through

      Delete
  6. I love the Queen of Night with Elegant Lady, they look really good together. You've got a lovely mix of tulips in your garden. Some of my tulips have already gone over, whereas some aren't even in bloom yet, such a funny year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have daffodils flowering with some of mine!!

      Delete
  7. I have a similar tulip combination or dark purple and white tinged with pink. It's a good combination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue,I do like Queen of Night and have put it with different things

      Delete
  8. our snow is finally gone and we are also enjoying this Spring beauty in bloom

    ReplyDelete