Friday, 21 June 2013

On the Longest Day the Winners are!!!

The names have been pulled out from the tin and my new chickens finally have names.Jo came out first with Jasmine-The Light -Sussex, so she gets the book,Jo has a lovely blog which I like to follow.http://jo-thegoodlife.blogspot.co.uk,I promise it was no fix, my son actually pulled the names out. I say this as I actually won three lovely books from Jo's blog which I actually love,The Ten-Minute Gardener's Diary. They are great as you can dip in and out as you wish and they give monthly practical advice on Fruit, Flower and Vegetable growing.
Next out was Jonquil - The Bluebell who Diana over at http://elephantseyegarden.blogspot.co.uk/, I am sorry Diana I won't be able to post jam out to you- I dread to think what state it would be in when it got there. I have only recently started to follow Dina's blog, she is based in South Africa and gives a wonderful insight into the animals and life out there and is definately worth a look at.
Lastly is someone who I have been following for a while now and is another person who takes wonderful photos and always makes me feel very inadequate with a camera, Jacaranda -The Black Rock thanks to Sue Garret at http://glallotments.blogspot.com.Sue is retired and manages to keep more than one blog on the go at a time. she takes lovely photos of not only the birds visiting her garden but lots of flowers.
So if  Sue can send me her address's( Jo I have yours) I can send your prizes off next week.
Some of the lovely things the sun has bought out.
Echium Russicum with Allium 'Christophii' and Eryngium 'Silver Ghost' just in the corner
This is a new Salvia 'Wend's Wish' I bought when I went out with my lovely hubby on his birthday. We just happened to pass a nursery we had not been to before and it would have been very rude not to pop in.It is not out properly yet but will be a lovely red between the yellow canna and blue Nepeta.

For hubby's birthday we went for a 8 mile walk on the Bromyard Downs, it was a lovely sunny day, we say and had a picnic lunch with the birds and thenon our way back down to the pub we spotted these


I was so excited as I had never seen Orchids in the wild, I hope you all make the most of the longest day of the year, I am off to the local Lido to hopefully swim in the rain !!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, I will really enjoy that book. Perhaps I'll take it on holiday with me so that I can have a lovely read of it at my leisure. The chickens have all ended up with lovely names. I saw some alium Christophii in a garden yesterday and made a mental note to buy some for my garden, they're gorgeous flowers. I've got some purple sensation which I also want to buy more of. Hope you had a good swim in the lido, swimming in the rain sounds invigorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sorry for the delay in responding but I've only just managed to catch up with these posts today.

    It was a surprise to find that I had actually won a prize.

    I don't appear to be able to find your email address - am I just being useless?

    ReplyDelete